Monday, September 1, 2008

there's a time for everything

I was chatting with my sister this morning and I was reminded about something that I already learned for ages. I realized that I already forgot the lessons of patience and prayerful waiting. She told me that she used to be like me when she was younger when I told her stories about my dreams and my frustrations. I told her that there are a lot of things that I want to do but it saddens me that I cannot change the circumstances I am in.

She told me those errors in the past that she and her husband experienced were because of her impatience. She said she was always in a hurry... in a hurry to change a situation if she doesn't like it... in a hurry to get things that she wants for herself and her family. Her husband told her that if something is meant to happen to your life, it will happen even if you avoid it. I was reminded. And I felt better that I have an option not be stressed after all.

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain. - Maya Angelou

Then I should change my attitude, and I should have happier days... and healthier relationships... those will give way to happy endings.

No comments: